Things To Do on Jom_eh (Friday)
The area is surrounded by many colleges and local attractions. Stanford University, the University of California at Berkeley and California State University East Bay are close by.
- BART to Oakland, Jack London Sqare landing. About $7 each way. Easy walking or Uber. Cafes, stores along the way or waterfront sights. Or go to Oakland Museum and lunch in the area. Jack London Square
- Ferry to SF (Pier 39) from Oakland-Jack London Sqare landing. $10 each way. (Best to return on ferry at 2:30 or so, because BART is crowded with communters after after 3:00 pm). Ferry Schedules.
- BART to Berkley. Visit the university, botanical gardens, Berkeley Marina, etc. South of the university are cafes, shops and music stores.
- NASA and Flight Museum in Silican Valley -- ask Dave Fleihr.
- Wine connoiseurs can visit the Livermore Wine Country, just 12 miles, to discover and learn about a variety of famous California wines.
- Little Kabul shopping and lunch. Close by -- walking or Uber
- Visit the Winchester Mystery House -- a Victorian mansion with a unique history -- just 15 minutes away.
- Lounge and relax by the hotel pool
Friday evening enjoy dinner in the area or at the hotel Bistro 880. On Friday and Saturday at the Bistro there is Music and Dancing from 9:00 pm - 1:00 am.